Tuesday 1 November 2011

Logo Research

This is the NSPCC logo that they are identified by. 













This is the ChildLine logo :




















This is the Barnardos logo :























This is the Unicef logo :




























The similarities between these logos is that they are all very simple and have the companies name big, bold and clear making the main focus of the viewer on the logo. They also feature a call-line number in which people can call up. I feel I would have to incorporate this into my logo. They also use bright colours to catch the eye of their audience. Another common similarity that the logos have is that somme of them have slogans written in smaller text underneath them. This is common in the Barnardo's logo as their slogan is 'Believe in Children'. The NSPCC also have a slogan being 'Cruelty to children must stop. FULL STOP.'
I am contemplating on whether to feature a slogan in my logo or whether putting the call-line number underneath the companies name.


The name of my campaign is SaveAChild. I have decided to not have any spaces between the words. I would like to feature the call-line number at the bottom of the logo as this is also common in child abuse logos and I feel it is essential to include this into my logo as the main purpose of my advert is to raise awareness of child abuse and for the public to offer donations.


The common theme in the logos of child abuse campaigns is that the name of the campaign is in a larger font, as compared to the rest of the text, if ay, and is the main focus of the logo. I have found from my research that it is usually coloured in bright colours. The common font that is used in the name of the campaign is plain and bold, highlighting the fact that these are serious issues being raised and they need to be resolved, the simpler the text, the better. 


(COPY IMAGE OF LOGO)


I plan to make my logo look like this; it is simple ad follows the common theme of child abuse logos.
I am not too sure whether I am going to place and image next to the logo. I will have to research images that i could incorporate into my logo. Ideas of images that I could use are images of children, or even an image of a sun attached to the logo. This has connotations of happiness and brighter days which fits in with the campaigns name of saving a child. Another idea that i could use is of arms reaching out to save a child. The reason as to why I chose to use images of arms reaching out and of a sun is that they are simple and they will not take the main focus away from the text which is what I want the viewer to be focussed on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment